My Prince Charming!

This is a picture of “My Prince Charming”. This is our story. It all started in March of 2005, when my mom suggested that I try one of those “internet dating sites”. My mom knew my story, and everything that I had been through in the past and all she wanted was for me to find someone, who loved me as much as I loved him. I was a little shy at first of the idea, but I figured it couldn’t hurt because I had already tried everything else. I went on Yahoo! Personals and signed up. I searched through several different profiles and read as much as I could about the person. I paid $19.95, so I could e-mail and talk on the instant messenger. I found one profile that I really liked, so I gave it a shot and e-mailed him. I didn’t really expect too much back, nothing at all really. I just didn’t want to get my hopes to high. It was not long that I got a long, detailed e-mail from him. It was more than I could ever have expected. The sad part of this was he was in Iraq and was not expected home for some time.

We sent many e-mails back and forth, and the more we talked the more we found out we had in common. We talked a lot on Yahoo! Messenger, about 6 hrs everyday. He emailed me one day to ask me, if I would consider coming down to Florida while he was home for his 2 week leave. He is originally from Florida, but is stationed at Ft. Bragg.  I talked it over with my parents and we decided that we would go. It was all set! I had already taken off of work, and had everything planned. As the days grew closer, the more nervous I got. It was set for May 20-22 in St. Petersburg Beach. I knew that there was something very special about Jason, so when we first met, I wanted it to be something to remember. I made 4 different mix CD’s with different type of “love songs”. We decided that we would meet on the beach. I made a CD especially for the day we met. I had it all laid out on the beach. I had a beach blanket, with the CD player playing the CD I made, a balloon with a card tied to it, and a dozen roses.   We had a blast that weekend. I met a lot of his friends, and got to know him real good. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on him, that he was the one that I could not live without. My last night at the beach, we walked along the beach at sunset, holding hands. I tried so hard not to cry, but the thought of this being our last night together was a lot to bare. Sunday came, as I packed my things in the car to leave, I turned around to look at him, and lost it. I cried, and he came over to hug me and told me everything was going to be ok. He said that it would not be that much longer until he was home for good, and we could be together. Jason was having a family reunion the following weekend and wanted me to come back to Florida to go, but he thought I had to work so he never asked. Luckily, I had met his brother’s girlfriend. Katelyn and I, along with his parents came up with a plan to get me back to Florida without Jason knowing and surprise him. This was going to be a lot of fun! I was a little nervous that he was going to be upset with me for him not knowing I was coming. I booked a flight on Southwest Airlines, which was to leave out of Raleigh, N.C. on May 28th and arrive in Orlando; F.L. Katelyn was going to pick me up at the airport. I finally got to Orlando. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. Katelyn and I went and dropped my bags off, and found out where Jason was. He was in Wal-Mart of all places. Jason’s brother Justin, met us near the front door of Wal-Mart. We found Jason standing with his dad, by the photo center. I snuck up behind Jason, wrapped my arms around his waist, and said “Peak a boo”. Jason turned around and the look on his face to see me standing there was worth a million dollars.

That weekend I met his mom’s side of the family. It was great! On Memorial Day, we went to Disney World. We had so much fun together.

Jason left for Iraq on Wednesday June 1st. From that point on I started to count down the days until he would come home. Jason’s parents came to N.C. to check on Jason’s house, and spent a couple of nights with me. They met my family, and even joined us in church. It was like a dream come true. I had found the man of my dreams, and started to think of his parents as my own parents. Even though now it has been almost 4 months since the last time I have seen him, I awaiting his arrival home, and a chance for us to start a new life together. I miss Jason so much.  I love him with all my heart and I know without a doubt that he is the one that I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

Love Always,

A Proud Army Girlfriend,


Share your story now by clicking here.

© Copyright 2004-2011